Utah Honors Recovery Ambassador Award Nomination Form
A Recovery Ambassador is someone who:
- Shares their personal recovery to increase public awareness and reduce negative stigma related to struggling with substance use/addiction.
- Engages in opportunities to educate communities, legislative bodies, and other organizations/citizens about addiction and recovery related issues.
- Has a role as an advocate to ensure that Utah citizens in recovery have a voice in the development of community, state and local policies on topics related to substance use.
- Takes on a leadership role in their community, workplace, school, or with volunteering to help others.
Guidelines for Nominee Candidates:
- Must be a resident of Utah.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The nominee is willing to identify as a Person in Recovery from substance use, a Family Member, or Ally.
- Must not have any pending criminal proceedings.
- Ambassador candidates must be nominated by someone who has known them for a minimum of two years in their recovery experience.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, August 16, 2019. Four (4) Recovery Ambassadors will be selected from the applications received.
Utah Honors Recovery Awards Event
On Friday, September 13, 2019, the selected Recovery Ambassador Awardees will be honored for their contributions at the Utah Honors Recovery event, to be held at the Gallivan Hall from 5:30 to 8:00 PM. This special invitational event is part of our Utah celebration for National Recovery Month. Travel and hotel accommodations will be made for Awardees as required.